My ex-toaster sits forlornly, in the corner of the room... gathering dust. I'm wondering what to do with it - how do I pass off something that is such poor quality? My toaster and kettle were two of the first purchases I made on arriving in Kenya. Sadly they both appear to be 'grade-B' electricals. The kettle just about survives my wrath for now. In my mind I don't understand the business sense of selling such poor products from sometimes reputable brands, but it is said that as long as we keep on buying grade-B electricals in Kenya, they'll keep on importing them [not that I could find the original quote one ambassador to Kenya is said to have made several years back].
My new toaster which I picked up second hand is a pleasure to work with. So now I'm back to Saturday lunch toast-fests. This is where you put on BBC radio (either streamed online or podcasts, and eat toast alongside cups of tea for an hour or two. Blissful.
My new toaster which I picked up second hand is a pleasure to work with. So now I'm back to Saturday lunch toast-fests. This is where you put on BBC radio (either streamed online or podcasts, and eat toast alongside cups of tea for an hour or two. Blissful.

1 comment:
Glad you have a good way of relaxing on a Saturday. Jill
Post a Comment