Time has moved on since I last wrote. Back then it was 'one month to go'. Now its almost two montths past. The wedding day has come and gone, and along with the big day I now find myself needing to change the blog's strapline from 'one man and his blog'.
Janet and I have had so many conversations about our wedding. We've written newsletters about it. Uploaded photos to Facebook and Dropbox (available here). We've a video too, and have sat down several times with friends to watch it through and point out details. I'm sure I could wax eloquent for a considerable lengh of time, but it is probably best for now to stick with expressing our thanks to everyone who made the day such a wonderful occasion - even those who held us in mind as they were unable to come along. We'll enjoy dwelling on all the details for years to come, and I cannot wait to get back to the Custom House at Roa Island and the marshes at Rampside and take in the views that helped make the day so special.
For now I had best go - the morning rush hour has passed and it's time for me to seek out our landlord's office in order to drop off our inventory, introduce myself and broach the issue of a leaking toilet. I hope it'll go well.
Janet and I have had so many conversations about our wedding. We've written newsletters about it. Uploaded photos to Facebook and Dropbox (available here). We've a video too, and have sat down several times with friends to watch it through and point out details. I'm sure I could wax eloquent for a considerable lengh of time, but it is probably best for now to stick with expressing our thanks to everyone who made the day such a wonderful occasion - even those who held us in mind as they were unable to come along. We'll enjoy dwelling on all the details for years to come, and I cannot wait to get back to the Custom House at Roa Island and the marshes at Rampside and take in the views that helped make the day so special.
For now I had best go - the morning rush hour has passed and it's time for me to seek out our landlord's office in order to drop off our inventory, introduce myself and broach the issue of a leaking toilet. I hope it'll go well.
No comments:
Post a Comment